Arrrg! Anybody else found this problem?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

I just received a small order of black Ti Junior Gent IIs from the same vendor. 3/4 of the order was roller balls and 1/4 fountains.

In the past, ALL Jr. Gent IIs would accept either the roller or the fountain front section. This made fountain or roller conversion "on the fly" at show, a "no-brainer".

On my order today, all of the fountain front sections ONLY worked with the screws for the fountain components. The rollers ONLY worked with the roller ball components.

This was a small order, and HOPEFULLY this is an isolated incident. SOMEBODY PLEASE tell that Dayacom hasn't started "thinking" again! The last time they did something like this with the JGII, it ended up costing me $3,000.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

I don't know exactly what's going on. The big baggies still say Dayacom, and all the smaller baggies still say Taiwan .

The only thing I know for sure is that my Cheerios have a distinct urine odor:(

gbpens

I ran into this same issue with a shipment of Jr. Gent II's from CSUSA recently. Older components appear to have a wider thread and the newer a narrower thread. Did not realize it until I tried swapping out nibs at a show. Now I have to carry more parts and note which pens have which thread until one of these sizes is gone. On the positeve side the narrower threads fit a Jr. Emporer so all is not lost.

PenMan1

I ran into this same issue with a shipment of Jr. Gent II's from CSUSA recently. Older components appear to have a wider thread and the newer a narrower thread. Did not realize it until I tried swapping out nibs at a show. Now I have to carry more parts and note which pens have which thread until one of these sizes is gone. On the positeve side the narrower threads fit a Jr. Emporer so all is not lost.

Eugene:
Was this a Jr Gent Black TI or another plating? I order Jr Gents and Jr Statesman in large quantities. While I've still got some of my last 100 Jr Statesmen, I ran completely out of Jr Gent II Black Ti.

IF the front sections are no longer interchangeable between the FP and RB models, I no longer need ANY of the Dayacom products. I have built my business model on being able to make quick "show" changes between FP and RB. Standing at a show booth with a hammer and punch set "rebuilding" pens is NOT something I'll ever do.

It's not "good enough" to make the worlds best dog food if dogs won't eat it.

Dale Allen

The black plastic threaded centerband has Dayacom molded into it.
In fact, CSUSA set me 3 of them as replacements and all three are different in that each has a different number after the name. They seem to be about the same size though.
I doubt they are using that molded piece and parts from some other source.

Top Bottom