arrow and Sierra bushings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jamesbil

Hi all,
I'm trying to find out if arrow bushings from classic nib are the same as Sierra bushings from timberbits.
Does anyone know?
or have arrow bushings they could measure? I have Sierra bushings.

Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Be careful. While Timberbits has good kits, in general, the bushing and tube sizes can differ slightly from those sold in North America.

jamesbil

Just measured my sierra bushings at .467 is that close enough? Are bushings that acurate?

Last edited:

OKLAHOMAN

The Arrow and the Sierra from Timberbits are the exact same component set. When I first imported the Arrow it came to me packaged as "Sierra", I listed it on my site as "Sierra" and received a letter from Berea's attorneys asking me to remove the name Sierra on a component set from my site as it is trademarked to Berea for their component or face a lawsuit.

Brian G

Just measured my sierra bushings at .467 is that close enough? Are bushings that acurate?

Have you used them? I'd like to see that number a little closer to 0.471, but I acknowledge that variation in our measuring tools and technique might introduce differences in the measurement.

I measured 3 different sets (i.e., 6 bushings) of Sierra/Arrow/Wall St. II bushings and the range was 0.471 to 0.473. Two were used.

If you're in the habit of measuring the components and fitting the final diameter to that value (which is a good habit to have), then the bushing diameter is just a rough target.

TBCbushings

When I make the Sierra bushings I turn them to .474. I use a pin gauge to measure the tube id and go by that. Much better fit...pop! If there is a specific size you want just let me know...I will make any size you need.

Last edited:
Top Bottom