arrow pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I have not seen an actual kit, but there are several people on IAP making pens out of arrow shafts. There is a tutorial in the library 2006 articles that looks very complete.

Trux

I've not seen an arrow kit either- messed around making them this way.
pens2010195.jpg

its_virgil

No actual kit but they are not difficult to make. The article mentioned in this thread is one of mine. I make them with a short wooden or antler section at the nib end. You can also use two arrow pieces the length of the tubes and treat them as "already turned wood blank." Or you could use one piece of arrow shaft and make them one piece where the twist takes place at the nib. The arrow article is on my website along with a one piece slimline article which you could use to make a one piece arrow pen. (http://www.RedRiverPens.com/articles ) Personally, I like the short wood or antler piece on the bottom but there is no right or wrong way to make them...just personal taste.

Some arrow shaft sizes are better to use than others. Unfortunately I am no archer so I can't tell you off hand which sizes will work best. Again, I prefer larger size arrows and glue in a brass tube.

Have fun. PM me if you need more help.
Merry Christmas and do a good turn daily!
Don

Does anybody actually put out an arrow pen kit?

Top Bottom