Arrow Clip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

soligen

I'm looking for an arrow clip. There are a couple versions of rifle clips, but I cant find an arrow clip, and I know a number of archers. Does anyone know of a source?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

The problem is the Parker logo is an arrow so I'm not sure if anyone would want to go up against Newell/Rubbermaid (who now owns the Parker company) in court for trademark infringement .
You might try taking apart some Jotters for the clips but you will have to figure out mounting . Just be careful not to mention Parker in any way .

its_virgil

Why an arrow clip when you could make a pen using an actual arrow shaft? Would that not be much more impressive and personal than just an arrow clip?
Do a good turn daily!
Don

I'm looking for an arrow clip. There are a couple versions of rifle clips, but I cant find an arrow clip, and I know a number of archers. Does anyone know of a source?

soligen

Why an arrow clip when you could make a pen using an actual arrow shaft? Would that not be much more impressive and personal than just an arrow clip?
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Several reasons

I wanted something more subtle than an arrow pen, and I've seen those at an archer shop for sale.

I hang with some traditional archers who would never shoot anything but wood arrows.

I want it to be something they would use daily.

its_virgil

never mind:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Several reasons

I wanted something more subtle than an arrow pen, and I've seen those at an archer shop for sale.

I hang with some traditional archers who would never shoot anything but wood arrows.

DurocShark

If you have a Dremel, make your own! Use a chunk of brass or aluminum and carve out the shape of an arrow (or a bow or a quiver (sp?) or whatever) and fasten it to the existing clip.

I played with this idea, but haven't had a carving I was happy with. I need to revisit this soon.

For fastening, a small hole drilled into the clip will provide a great mounting point. Fill with epoxy or JBWeld (I find that stuff is much stronger than regular epoxy.)

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
logo infringement

The problem is the Parker logo is an arrow so I'm not sure if anyone would want to go up against Newell/Rubbermaid (who now owns the Parker company) in court for trademark infringement .
You might try taking apart some Jotters for the clips but you will have to figure out mounting . Just be careful not to mention Parker in any way .

I seriously doubt that Newell/Rubbermaid would try to push trademark infringement on that item unless the clip was an exact copy of their logo and being used in a commercial environment in direct competition with them or attempting to capitalize on their name. Arrows are a very common item and are used in all sorts of ways, like pointing the way to the bathroom/baggage claim/bar/ in Air Terminals. You can't claim copyright on words or things in common use. In short, if arrows symbols are used all over the place and I decide to use an arrow as my logo I can only register the logo not copyright the symbol.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Arrow Shaft

Several reasons

I agree....how would one even know the pen was made from an arrow shaft unless you left the (target) arrowhead on as a cap or drilled through it as a nib. Never saw a target arrowhead (or an arrow shaft) that looked that good to me. Keep looking for the clip...

papaturner

It`s not hard to tell:biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_0111.JPG
    IMG_0111.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 100

ldb2000

I seriously doubt that Newell/Rubbermaid would try to push trademark infringement on that item unless the clip was an exact copy of their logo and being used in a commercial environment in direct competition with them or attempting to capitalize on their name. Arrows are a very common item and are used in all sorts of ways, like pointing the way to the bathroom/baggage claim/bar/ in Air Terminals. You can't claim copyright on words or things in common use. In short, if arrows symbols are used all over the place and I decide to use an arrow as my logo I can only register the logo not copyright the symbol.

I was talking about a commercial company making them for retail sale like the rifle clips . Mont Blanc has brought suit against small penmakers and even private parties for just modifying their pens . There was a thread about it a couple of weeks ago so I wouldn't put anything past corporate lawyers .
Oh and in the case of a pen the arrow is a registrable trademark that would be enforceable in court since Parker makes pens .

Last edited:

its_virgil

My original reply was just a question or suggestion, but if the correct portion of the arrow is used there is no question what it is.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Attachments

• Figure 7.jpg
    Figure 7.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 90

JohnU

I resemble this remark. lol I hang with a small group of deer hunters and we all shoot traditional with our own arrows made from cedar and harvested turkey feathers. I made some wood pens a year ago out of osage orange and used the waterslide decal trick with a picture of my bow and quiver. Everyone loved them. Just a thought. Good luck, John

Top Bottom