arizona silouhette carbara

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

sparhawk

Have any of you bought the a.z. Carbara black chrome? If so did it look like black chrome or just black enamel? Have bought other kits from other places in black chrome and they did not look like enamel. These kits look like enamel. Have some projects they will work well with but if it has to be black chrome or black ti I want to be sure it is.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Every black chrome kit I have turned (Carbara, Slimline, Cigars) looked like black enamel or black powder coating to me. I expected black chrome to look more like black titanium, but this has not been the case.

Edit: Kenny's post made me remember something... the Black Enamel "platings". These are flat black, while that referred to above is gloss.

ken69912001

A while back i had bought some black enamel slims from woodturningz. One of them i ended up scratching, so i took some paint stripper to the kit as i was curious as to why it was dark through the scratch.When i was done it ended up being GunMetal finish.I wonder if they did this so a scratch would not be as visible?

mick

I've used a lot of Black Chrome on several different kits. They are all as Billy says black powder coated.
I've not scratched one to see whats under it but this has me remembering something sort of related. I noticed that the "gunmetal" kits from Woodturningz are somewhat darker than most other Black Titanium kits from other sources

csb333

I don't think that it is plating. The black chrome that I have had looks like the top and bottom of a Churchill. In fact, I just put a polaris (or atlas or patriot) black clip on a churchill and it matched perfectly. - Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom