Arizona Silhouette Closed End Mandrels

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

64Stang

I was hoping someone would have already been down this road.
I am interested in purchasing some closed end mandrels from AS, but am wondering about compatibility with other kits, specifically, the Jr Gent, Baron II, SN Gent and Spring Blossom from Timber Bits.

Seems like the measurements on some of these kits would be close, however not knowing the dimensions of the mandrel and how they function first hard I am at a disadvantage.

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

I have a couple but have not used them extensively.

I have a cigar that I'm using for baron pen tube.

I have a jr series one as well that I haven't used yet.

Whaler

I have most of the sets that they offer and have done Jr Gent II, Jr Statesmen, Jr Majestic, Barons, Cigars, Sedonas and others where it was a close fit and had to shim the mandrel with masking tape. I don't do any 7mm pens but the 7mm mandrel works great for seam rippers and stylus. Mine are about 4 years old and still work fine.

plano_harry

They are first class workmanship, but I have only used them on the size they were designed for. You could probably go a little over like Dick said.

Dan Masshardt

I've used these and I've used a pin chuck. These are so much better for me. They really grab.

The only advantage I can see to a pin Chuck (besides saving money which can be a real advantage) is that you can pull a blank in and off quicker.

If you were in production mode, pin chuck style would be nice.

Top Bottom