ARGH! 1 of the coolest burl ever (?) gone...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BurlGuy54321

$_12.JPG

I found this just now on ebay (3 EXOTIC STUNNING RARE CAMATILLO ROSEWOOD BURL PB5918 PEN BLANKS JEWELRY CARVING | eBay) and its Camatillo burl... aka mexican kingwood burl! This worse part about this is that noone ever bought it! it say "This listing has ended." which means it wasn't bought, but no one bought it in time. Although that means they could be floating around out there... somewhere. :cool:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eharri446

I know that I was able to buy one set of those blanks. Now I can not find it in my garage shop. Going to be doing some cleanup and reorganization and they will show up.

I was going to submit a pen made with one of the blanks for the pretty wood contest but could not find my blanks.

Mortalis

While those blanks look really cool with the sap wood being that really light color, that would most likely turn off the blank.

eharri446

The white wood on one of those blanks goes all the way across the end so if it was turned right, which I still have to do, the white wood will be on one end and the beautiful purplish color wood on the other.

eharri446

They are a burl. They are Camatillo Rosewood burl. Those three blanks cost me $60.00.

I have them somewhere in the shop and when I find them again, I am going to turn one of them and make a pen out it.

I will save the other one until the next pretty pen contest.

Just in case anyone is wondering, I am the person who bought those three blanks almost a year ago. I got it while I was unemployed after a RIF layoff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom