Apprentice Jr. Gentleman's pen cap threads

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thuntress

I really appreciate the help fellow pen turners have offered on this site.

I'm curious to know if anyone else has had problems with this pen. The threads that hold the cap on keep breaking off. At first I thought people were accidently dropping the pen, thus snapping the threads off; but more and more I'm finding the threads just come off with a little pressure. I'm not even sure how to fix something like this either. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding the pen or re-affixing the threads?

Thanks,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

My honest advice - don't bother with this kit. The chrome jr gent 2 is a value enough.

If you like the smaller size, go for the Berea baron.

When I make these and had probs I disassembled and replaced the insert. That's the only fix I know of.

toddlajoie

The chrome jr gent 2 is a value enough.

Dan, I understand what you said except for the quoted part. I'd like to know what you mean, please.

Apprentice Jr Gent (Jr Gent I) from CSUSA, $5.99 with the problems the OP posted. pen size is very similar to Berea Baron (only difference is the navigator body is the same diameter at both ends while the Apprentice Jr Gent is tappered...)

Artisian Jr Gent (Jr Gent II) from CSUSA in Chrome $11.70, Larger pen, better threads. Sure, it's nearly double the cost, but IMO the chrome Jr Gent II is THE biggest bang for the buck in the pen kit world at the moment... There are a lot of kits out there that offer less pen (both size/style and quality) for double the money..

Dan Masshardt

Sorry I was unclear. Yes, Todd clarified what I was getting at.

On a group buy I think the price is like $8.74 or something. Very good value.

I don't care for the black finial though. When I do a chrome jr I plan to do a custom finial.

Top Bottom