Applying Decals To Rifle Cartridges

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

Nice - direct -- communicates well.

You are hired to write for IAP -- but it does not pay much except Thank Yous!!!

PaulDoug

Thanks, nice tutorial and you mention some things I have never considered, like using the distilled water. Wanted to ask, how does the CA finish hold up on the brass? I have used a spray on lacquer and not been very satisfied with the longevity of it.

seamus7227

I too am curious about something, as your last step you mentioned MM 12000 and Brasso, but brasso is really abrasive and I would think that it would scratch your CA finish?

ribanett

Thanks, nice tutorial and you mention some things I have never considered, like using the distilled water. Wanted to ask, how does the CA finish hold up on the brass? I have used a spray on lacquer and not been very satisfied with the longevity of it.

I have been using a cartridge pen every day for over a year now and there are no signs of wear to the CA finish. I have over 200 cartridge pens sold and not one returned to be refinished.

ribanett

I too am curious about something, as your last step you mentioned MM 12000 and Brasso, but brasso is really abrasive and I would think that it would scratch your CA finish?

I use Brasso just to take the edge off the finish. I can't explain it, but it just feels better after a light buffing with Brasso.

Jgrden

Larry, this is a new revelation for me. Thank you. Decals that have been put onto acrylics have worked real well for me. They have worked well on Ebony and other hard woods as well. They even work well on antler Burrs. Shoot a mile, I can't wait until tomorrow to try this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom