Anyone use Townsend Acrylics?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

micah

I was just surfing around and seen what looks like some nice acylics made by Townsend.
Here is their link http://www.spartech.com/townsend.html
The only catch is that you have to order a 4ft. rod for each color that you want.
I thought about maybe doing some sort of group buy, or just getting an idea of how many people would want of each color and then doing an order and cutting them up myself. Maybe picking a few of the most popular ones....
Anyway, has anyone ever turned any of their rods?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

barrels

Micah,

Thanks for the info, very interesting I wished they gave pricing on the web site though. If you hear anythig on pricing please advise.

Eric Spatt

micah

Jim, I will probably attempt to contact them sometime today and see what I can do about a sample. It would be nice to see how the stuff looks before pacing too large of an order.

Eric, there is another web site that I know of that has some of their pricing. It is http://www.delviesplastics.com/Merc...&Store_Code=DP&Category_Code=Cast_Acrylic_Rod
They don't have their prices listed for the new colors, but you can get an idea oon the others. I have an email already on the way to them asking about the "new color" prices.
It looks if you were to cut them up and sell a 3/4" blank it would come to a little over $2 a blank. But then you would have to figure in shipping, and insurance. Probably something more like $2.50-$3 after all is said and done.

cypressslough

Micah, I've bought acrylic rod from Spartech Townsend for a couple of years. I've never bought anything smaller than 1 1/8" rod though. So I can't comment on the smaller diameters, but the larger stuff is great to work with.

Brian.

micah

Just to let everyone know, I have now recieved word that I will be recieving some samples of some of the rods that Spartech produces. I don't know how many, or of what kind yet, but I will let everyone know as soon as they come in.
I would like to know what colors you guys might be interested in if I was to order some. I know I can't use full length rods myself, I just don't turn that much plastics/acrylics but do like to turn them from time to time.

neon007

If this helps, find a plastic shop around your area and ask if you could rummage through there box of drops (last lil bit left) The place I get my resins from also fabricates plastics so when I drop in usually they let me raid the scrap bin. HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom