Anyone turn a "Cowboy" pen kit from PSI or Woodturningz?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

My wife saw the Cowboy pen in a PSI catalog and wants me to make some for Christmas gifts. Anyone used them? Are they nice kits.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

I gifted 2 of these to young riders and made friends for life. Nice kits?... absolutely. Will be much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_6913.jpg
    IMG_6913.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_3161.jpg
    IMG_3161.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_4444.jpg
    IMG_4444.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:

Jtvinny

I have made a couple and would not recommend them. The reason I say this is- 1. The fit is impossible to get tight. 2. The transmissions can be very tight, almost impossible to twist. 3. The threaded portion of the transmission push out very easy (my fault which ended up in a ruined kit). I have heard that other people had the same experience as I did as well.

WriteON

I have made a couple and would not recommend them. The reason I say this is- 1. The fit is impossible to get tight. 2. The transmissions can be very tight, almost impossible to twist. 3. The threaded portion of the transmission push out very easy (my fault which ended up in a ruined kit). I have heard that other people had the same experience as I did as well.

Just curious why your kits are problamatic. Please explain #1. The fit at every end or a certain area. Has it happened to every kit or x amount of so many. Thanks. Frank

Top Bottom