Anyone try the Rollster Pen kit?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BeeAMaker

Anyone else try the Rollster pen kit from PSI?

This is my first one, and I noticed the cap does not fit properly, you can see in the pic it is cocked to one side and the cap wobbles quite a bit even when snapped on.

I'm wondering if this is normal or not. because if it is, then I probably wont buy one again as my OCD freaks out every time I look at this pen. It writes really smooth and I like the looks of the pen, but if that cap is constantly crocked it will drive me nuts and I can't offer them to others, even as gifts.

cap.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mecompco

I seem to recall reading someone else complaining about that recently--either here or on the FB forums. I think they are nice looking pens and I have thought about trying them, but that crooked cap is a deal breaker. I do like the looks of PSI's new "raw" pens, for a slim no-nonsense RB.

Regards,
Michael

Brian G

I haven't used the kit, so I am no help there.

Am I seeing the brass tube ghosting through? Something looks off about the side on the left of the pic. Did you have any difficulty pressing in the nib end? I wonder if the tube bent without the blank cracking.

Edit:. The off look, on closer inspection, is because a translucent part of the blank is on edge.

Last edited:

Cwalker935

I have made several Rollesters and have not run into that problem. What does the nose cone look like with the cap off?

BeeAMaker

I haven't used the kit, so I am no help there.

Am I seeing the brass tube ghosting through? Something looks off about the side on the left of the pic. Did you have any difficulty pressing in the nib end? I wonder if the tube bent without the blank cracking.

Edit:. The off look, on closer inspection, is because a translucent part of the blank is on edge.

That is the coloring of the blank It is like that all over actually, this side just happens to be mostly at the top. If i turned the pen over you would see the brownish coloring the length of the pen. I'm not real impressed with the blank either.

BeeAMaker

I have made several Rollesters and have not run into that problem. What does the nose cone look like with the cap off?

I think the plastic insert in the cap is not seated right, the cap does the same thing when pressed onto the rear of the pen. It doesn't pull up tight.
Also I can rotate the cap and the bed rotates with it, so the nib is straight.

cap2.jpg

mecompco

Ah hah! Your post reminded me where I saw the complaints--on PSI's user feedback for the Rollster. More than one reviewer complained about the plastic insert not seating properly, resulting in the condition yours is showing.

BeeAMaker

I like the kit a lot

Yours seem to fit nice and snug, mine has a paper gap.

I did look through my pens and I do have another Rollster. (I usually buy 2 of everything) I put that cap on this pen and although not nearly as bad - it still leans to one side or the other depending how I rotate the cap.

I assume yours are from PSI, can you wiggle the caps?

BeeAMaker

Ah hah! Your post reminded me where I saw the complaints--on PSI's user feedback for the Rollster. More than one reviewer complained about the plastic insert not seating properly, resulting in the condition yours is showing.

OK, so it is a pen issue. hummm will look on PSI sight.
Thanks!

TonyL

I have made many and about 50% of the ones that I made had that issue. I don't make them any more.

jttheclockman

That has to be one tough pen to write with. Has to be uncomfortable as all heck. I guess there is enough room to back up holding the pen on the blank to write with.

Last edited:
Top Bottom