Anyone tried these>>>>

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
M

monkeynutz

Tried them, and they seem to work great, but I had a hard time giving up the tactile feedback I get with just the MM sheet on my fingers. Others will probably not have the same objection.

airrat

yes on all my plastics and corian. If you have the choice of colored over the shades of gray GO COLOR. My last set is the gray ones and they drive me nuts.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
MonkeyNutz, Leave them in water a long time... the glue lets go and then you just have the sanding squares rather than the pads.

DAMHIKT

GK

M

monkeynutz

Originally posted by gketell

MonkeyNutz, Leave them in water a long time... the glue lets go and then you just have the sanding squares rather than the pads.

DAMHIKT

GK
ROFL! :D

allenworsham

Originally posted by airrat

yes on all my plastics and corian. If you have the choice of colored over the shades of gray GO COLOR. My last set is the gray ones and they drive me nuts.

I got those colored pads for plastics/acrylics and they do work well. The color coding is great. I also have the gray ones for wood and I had fits when I would accidently knock them off the table and then have to try get hem back in order. What I did was use a colored permanent fine point marker and put a dot on the edge of each of the 9 pads using 1 dot on the first and 9 dots on the last. I never get them mixed up again and the the ink doesn't wash off as it soaks into the pad.

But since I got the 3 wheel buffing system (tripoli, white diamond, carnuba) I typically just sand to 400 grit and then buff with the same results. It is also a lot quicker especially when I have a number of blanks to finish.

toolcrazy

I have 2 sets of these I bought from a member here. Never used them. Threw them on a shelf then they promptly got lost. Found them recently, need to use them. If the weather ever warms back up.

Grizz

Banned
Pretty much looks like Micro Mesh in different colors. I use Micro mesh up to 12,000 grit on plexi, CA, corian and acrylics.

Top Bottom