Anyone selling Slimline pink flower poly clay blanks?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

paulloseby

Leicester, Not applicable, United Kingdom.
I don't normally use anything other than wood but I have a friend who wants a pink flower poly clay Slimline for his wife for Christmas. I've tried everywhere but had no luck. Anyone have any or know of who might have some?

I am in the UK but am happy to buy from wherever.

Many thanks

Paul

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

Paul

Have a chat with Toni at https://www.claypenblanks.com/, she should be able to do something for you.

A slimline won't show off the blank very well at all though, could you try to convince the friend to go for something a little bigger, maybe Zeta or Delta?

Coll

Slimlines can work well.

I bought a slimline and a keyring from Toni (http://www.penturners.org/forum/member.php?u=10157) more than 6 years ago, they were gifts for my wife. She has carried them in her purse every day since then - they still look beautiful and she still loves them both.

The flowers look very nice, even with a few nicks from the keys that bang into them each day, and show up very well on each item. I highly recommend Toni's work.

paulloseby

Leicester, Not applicable, United Kingdom.
Many thanks everyone for the suggestion but I can't see my customer being willing to pay $40-$60 plus shipping plus my putting it together no matter how beautiful they are. I had seen them at USApenblanks at $18 but he seems to be out of them.

Many thanks again
Paul

donstephan

Can't begin to imagine how many hours go into making by hand the pictured bodies. For $18 I would expect the equivalent of a factory-like fast food hamburger with ingredients clumped together. Certainly there is a place for the $18 "fast food" version, just as there is a place for the gourmet version. Why not share pictures and costs of both and let the customer decide?

Curly

An option if you or someone in your area is to print a pink flower decal and apply it to a white Corian or acrylic blank. Then either build up a CA finish or cast in resin and turn.

Top Bottom