anyone in the Ravenna OH area

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave_Seward

I'm new to pen-turning and would love to learn from a more experienced craftsman. Is there anyone in the Ravenna OH area that would be interesred in mentoring a newbie?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mikey

I work in Richfield and live in Parma. I'm not a professional craftsman, but I know what I am doing and can show you a few things if you want. Besides, the only people who have seen my work in real life are friends, so they aren't normally as truthful as one would like IMO.

curlyjoe

I live in parma too wouldn't mind showing ya few things if you want to travel this way.

Mikey

CurlyJoe, nice to see someone else here that lives in the area. I have been planning on attending the woodworkers and turners meetings at Rockler for like 2 years now, but keep forgetting the dates and then I remember at 10pm that night.[:(]

curlyjoe

I went to one of them LAME they dont half the stuff you get off this forum , they do have alot of wood that is marked wrong -get it at a good price. not many people in this area that does woodturnings bout five or so, might have to get together and swap tricks and ideas sometime.your not missing anything at rocklers. woodcraft id bedford has good classes.

Hi Curlyjoe, & Mikey,
Sure is nice to meet you two,I did not know there were any turners that close.Check out my web sight for my location real close.
Dave you would be welcom too, Just call first to make sure that I'm here. [;)]
Just Charlie & Betsy

Dave_Seward

Sorry for taking so long to get back to everyone. I'm still trying to find a full-time job (until I can turn pens for a living. If anyone has an idea how to make that happen, let me know)I would be more than happy to make the drive to Parma or Garfield Hts. to learn.
Thanks so much for being willing to share your talents with me.

curlyjoe

Dave,
Let us know maybe we a can all meet up some place and make a day of Pen Play. I think most of us would love to to turn for a living but its hard to do gotta have the right connections heck I'm still trying to sell more then what I've been doing.Good luck with the job search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom