anyone know?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

guts

What is the shortest casing that will work for a casing pen? I know the 308 is shorter than the 30.06 but is the 308 the shortest casing that will work without a bunch of altering?T.I.A.

KenV

If you use a bullet for the nib you can use most any cartridge in some form. If you follow the form with cutting the casing that Don Ward has written in the library, you have wide flexibility.

223 makes a nice pen when used with a drilled out bullet. I like the barnes solid brass bullets for nibs with no lead to handle. Tips end tends to be a bit heavy for balance.

its_virgil

But if you get larger than 30 caliber the the clip for the slimline will not fit. There are several slimline kits available now and they all have a little dirrerent clearance on the clip. If the cartridge is now cut in half like I did in my tutorial, then the selection is much greater.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by KenV
<br />
If you use a bullet for the nib you can use most any cartridge in some form. If you follow the form with cutting the casing that Don Ward has written in the library, you have wide flexibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom