Anyone with an inside contact at the White House?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know how we could get some of this? The picture and text came from Yahoo! news.

2006627161252_White%20House%20Elm.jpg

"Combination photograph shows back of U.S. $20 bill showing The White House with the 140-yr old Elm tree and workers at the White House clearing the fallen tree, which was knocked down by heavy winds in a storm in the Washington area overnight, June 26 2006."

I don't know what elm looks like but it doesn't really matter in this case.

Todd

PS - Is that a chipper that I see in the picture?!

(edit - added picture and text from Yahoo! news since the link would have gone bad soon)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

I called the National Parks Service this morning when I heard about this. Yep, that's a chipper in the background. Their policy is that all fallen limbs/trees are shredded on the spot.

Good eye on the news, though!

penbros

bah! too bad someone couldnt obtain some of that wood. i dont like it when the chipper shows up[:(] i wonder if people would believe that it was from the elm tree in front of the white house. those pens would sell!

vbatwork

Isn't that just typical? Running a 400+ billion dollar deficit and they throw away...heck I don't even want to know how many blanks. Did I hear right from the news...this tree is actually pictured on the back of the $20? Very sad.
Wait a minute! DON'T WE ALL OWN THOSE BLANKS ANYWAY???

DFM

Originally posted by vbatwork
<br />Isn't that just typical? Running a 400+ billion dollar deficit and they throw away...heck I don't even want to know how many blanks. Did I hear right from the news...this tree is actually pictured on the back of the $20? Very sad.
Wait a minute! DON'T WE ALL OWN THOSE BLANKS ANYWAY???

Yes, you can have your 1/300,000,000 share of the tree. If my calculations are correct, you can make a toothpick from your part of the tree.

JimGo

Bill,
The thought that went through my mind was that if it's "chipped", there might be pieces big enough to do 1/2 of a slimline. If I could just get a few of those, I could still make a pen out of it! I ALMOST asked the woman with whom I spoke, but didn't want to look like THAT big of a pen geek.

Dario

It looks like that chipper is only for smaller limbs...maybe they didn't chip the main trunk???

There is hope my friends!!!

whatwoodido

Nah the whole tree goes, I called too. Makes me feel a whole lot more attached to the piece for Red Oak I have from the White House lawn.

Drew

airrat

They were probably afraid of what someone wood find out from that tree. Alot of security risk there, and couldn't chance someone barking out a secret.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom