Anyone heard of Pernabucha?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolphinjon

The lady I got my lathe from last year gave me some pen blanks, some of which I had forgotten about. I found one of them today and it's labeled as Pernabucha. Has anyone heard of this? There's a type of wood called Pernambuco which is also known as Brazilwood (pernambuco comming from the inermost part of the tree) that's used to make violin bows. Are these the same thing? I can post a picture tomorow evening if I need too.

Jonathan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chigdon

That would be the same thing and you are correct the main use for that wood is for violin bows. I have not turned it personally but have seen the wood. Post a pen when you turn it.

Dolphinjon

Thank you Chris. That's what I figured. The wood is about the same color as my bows and the spelling is pretty close. I'll post a picture when I turn a pen (may be a few days).

Jonathan

tipusnr

The wood turns nicely. There is a picture of a couple of pencils in my gallery made from this wood. One is for my wife's viola case and the other for her violin case. They make nice gifts for string players who are in constant need of a pencil to annotate sheet music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom