Anyone heard of the Challenge pen or cory swirl?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

angboy

I saw something, I think it was on this website, or if not, maybe on the arizonasilhouette site, where someone had a picture of a pen that was called a "challenge pen". I really liked the looks of it, but now can't seem to find it anywhere, does anyone know if this is the name of a pen kit and if so, where it is sold?

Secondly, I was exploring some sites that sell pen blanks and one referred to "cory swirl" pen blanks. They had a price list but no pix. Does anyone know what these look like or where an actual picture might be?

Thanks for helping out a newbie turner!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

btboone

That's not the one that blows up is it? Oh, sorry, that's the Challenger Pen.[B)]

Sorry about that.[:I] Welcome to the group. You'll see that some of us have a sick sense of humor. I haven't heard of the challenge pen either.

JimGo

That was BAD Bruce!

Welcome Angboy! I've never heard of cory swirl, but I have heard of Cave Creek Castings and EPRs. If you get a chance, you might want to try some of those - I have a feeling they may be the same as, or at least similar to, cory swirls. Haven't heard of the challenge pen either.

its_virgil

Would this be the pen? If so, it is just a modified slimline, no special kit.You can also see some others at arizonasilhouette as you thought in the customer's galleries in the gallery of Jay Pickens. Jay called it the challenge pen...its a long story... and challenged me to make one by just looking at his picture and I posted a couple of my challenge pen pictures here on the IAP...<b>do you accept the challenge</b>? The pen is made from a slimline kit. I used gold crushed velvet and black PVC rod. If you want the whole story and some instructions, email me off list.

Can't help with the cory swirl but would like to know more when you find out.

Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by angboy
<br />I saw something, I think it was on this website, or if not, maybe on the arizonasilhouette site, where someone had a picture of a pen that was called a "challenge pen".
Thanks for helping out a newbie turner!

200572994120_gold%20challenge.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom