Anyone have a Ligero FP kit?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Firefyter-emt

Or have you even made one? I an curious to the design of the body nib holder. I bought a Ligero RB kit from CSUSA and noticed that the thread coupler is not the same as the Berea style kits that have problems. The RB nib has all the cap and nib threads on the nib itself and the pressed in body coupler is all metal. This has a much thicker threads and IMHO could be the fix for the Berea style. What gives me MAJOR HOPE is that the Berea bushings fit the tube perfect.

I am thinking that one of the kits combined that that nice Cambridge pen would give you the nice looks of the cambridge without the breakage issues! And yes, I would buy the two kits just to use the good coupler for my pen. Heck, the CSUSA style kit could still be made with the Berea coupler and the pen would be just as good/poor as the Berea style is.

I really want to see if the FP nib is designed just like the RB kit is.

PenWorks

Yes it is the same, the threads are on the front section of the nib and not on the coupling.
The bushings are the same as the El Grande.

Firefyter-emt

So the will swap over! Sweet, the CSUSA design appears to have the breakage problem solved with that design. I think I will order both a Ligero and the new Cambridge so I cam make that Cambridge without having it break in a week.

Now just to clairfy, the CSUSA nib holder does perfectly thread into the cap of my Churchill pen. The metal coupler is the same size as the bushing and is a perfect fit as to OD on the pen. Given this they swap over perfectly. If the FP nib is the same design, then it too can be swapped directly into the new Cambridge given that the Cambridge matches the Churchill thread paterns. I do not have a Cambridge to see if the cap is exactly the same as the Churchill, but from what I understand, sadly, they did not modify the threads at all. Oh, and as minor as it is.. the Ligero has a brass post cap, not plastic.

Berea Reps.. are you looking??
make this.
14081.jpg

Top Bottom