Anyone familiar with Woodcraft deco 7mm?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

angboy

I have a pen ready to turn, that I put together with a kit many years ago. I don't think I've ever used this kit and now I can't figure out if it's turned on regular 7mm bushings or if there are specific bushings I need to buy. The package reads "Deco7mm pen satin pearl". The item number is 142507, which when I put that inso Woodcraft's search engine, I get this link:

http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/20...l-Finish-Slim-Style-Deco-Spring-Clip-Pen.aspx

But from there I can't find turning instructions or a link to buy bushings for that pen. Judging from the picture they have on that page- which I find to be a hideous pen- it looks like maybe they did turn it using regular 7 mm bushings and then you end up with a super-overturned blank. Eyeballing the kit pieces, I definitely think the CB is larger around than a standard 7mm pen kit, so I can see where this would happen.

Does anyone know anything about this kit?

Thanks so much!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Look at the tubes, Angela!!

The centerband (if it is many years old) could require you to turn a tenon, rather than turning down to the brass (kit makers used to think we could DO that---long ago).

I'll follow your link and see if I can be of any actual help, here!!

Edit in later:
WOW Butch got the answer THAT quick!!!

Last edited:

soligen

I bought one of these a couple months ago. Put the calipers on your nib - I think it is smaller than the standard 7mm slimline bushing - assuming they are still the same.

Jgrden

Just finished one last week. Satin pearl, adjustable clip. Larger CB than a slimline. I can send the specs I used if it is any help to you.
Sounds like you may have already turned it.

Top Bottom