Anyone Dying when they Stabilize

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvin1

I have been lurking for a while and have really appreciated the warm response that I have gotten in the classifies lately when I have offered blanks. I am a retired firefighter who likes to putter with wood and tools.

Anyway, I cut a Box Elder Burl today with very little color, but nice conflicting shades of white. I have read all the past posts on stabilizing and wonder if anyone is dying when they stabilize.

I'd like to try it, or just send these ten blanks to someone who wants to try and color and resin impregnate them.

Thanks in advance for all the input,

Chris in Iowa

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
While Bill at AS will certainly treat you right, there is a good article on the IAP homepage should you wish to try your own:

http://www.penturners.org/content/SpiritStains.pdf

JohnPayton

wayneis

Another very good place to send blanks is www.rrpwhite.com. Steve White and his Wife owns and runs this opperation and I give them all of my stabilizing business. They also sell their own stabilized blanks and also Dymondwood.

Wayne

Corvin1

John,

Thanks for the tip on the Spirit Dyes. I might try that. Thanks everone else for the places to send them, I was more looking for the do it yourself route.

Chris

BTW, Mac glad to hear you haven't died yet.
[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom