Anyone advanced enough

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pshib

My coworker asked the other day if there was a way to make a bolt action fountain pen. I immediately though of the pilot vanishing an wanted to know if someone could come up with a bolt action variation.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

You should just have to make sure when you insert the cunvertor that the forward action of the bolt doe's not hit your ink cartriage and make a mess inside. Jim S

sschering

Not exactly the same idea but you could make a FP with a bullet shaped tail and use a 50cal shell as a cap.. Someone on here did it using a 308 shell body with a roller ball refill that capped into the 50 cal shell.

Ed McDonnell

The advanced parts would be:

1) figuring out how to rig up a little trap door so you would not need a cap for the fountain pen.

2) figuring out how to move the clip to the nib end of the pen (or the nib to the clip end) without creating the ugliest most uncomfortable pen on the planet.

Doesn't seem like it would be worth the effort (or considerable cost) to me, but then I'm not a big fan of the bolt action pens.

Ed

plantman

The advanced parts would be:

1) figuring out how to rig up a little trap door so you would not need a cap for the fountain pen.

2) figuring out how to move the clip to the nib end of the pen (or the nib to the clip end) without creating the ugliest most uncomfortable pen on the planet.

Doesn't seem like it would be worth the effort (or considerable cost) to me, but then I'm not a big fan of the bolt action pens.

Ed

As for the cap, I would cut down another shell and expand the end enough to slide over the nib. Than I would slip the clip on the cap end and super glue it in place. Jim S

Last edited:

pshib

I would go clip less. Also thought about the hymark marker kits and that maybe the same concept could be used with something similar to the pilot vanishing point.

pshib

After looking into the pilot vanishing point it seems the hardest thing would be little trap door. If I can figure out how to do that everything else should be fairly easy.

InvisibleMan

After looking into the pilot vanishing point it seems the hardest thing would be little trap door. If I can figure out how to do that everything else should be fairly easy.

It would be an impressive build. Definitely doable, and ugly:biggrin:, but not easy.

edstreet

Why would the trap door be that difficult? Just link the iris to the movement on the mechanism just like the Jupe patent in the 1880's.

My coworker asked the other day if there was a way to make a bolt action fountain pen. I immediately though of the pilot vanishing an wanted to know if someone could come up with a bolt action variation.

How about a bolt action switchblade style fountain pen?

Last edited:
Top Bottom