Anybody used ENVIRON BIOCOMPOSITE blanks?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

angboy

Has anybody used the ENVIRON BIOCOMPOSITE blanks that I can only find on ebay? If so, what do you think of them? Are they hard to turn? Like corian or like other pressed wood blanks? Anybody ave a picture of a pen maded with one? Are there anymore questions I can ask? Thanks!

LanceD

Angela, there are four colors of Environ blanks in CSUSA's catalog on page 119. I have planned on ordering some but didn't get around to it yet. I'd also be interested in hearing from anyone who has turned some.

Lance

low_48

Here is an old post on one of my environ pens.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=3166&SearchTerms=environ

The material is LOTS softer than corian. Environ is made from paper and fiber with a soybased adhesive/resin. They turn very nicely except for the smell. I can only relate it to the smell of a state fair bathroom. Not really bad, just unpleasant. It is really similar to particle board. It drills easily and quickly. It doesn't heat up like corian. I have 3 different colors if you want to buy some blanks. Green, purple, and black. I have to look up what I paid for it to give you a price. I bought a full sheet of each when I was doing some other turning projects. These always get a good response, and with the all natural materials, good to sell to the Sierra Club set.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom