Anybody Tried any of these???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

pen-turners

I got these kits about a year ago from Richard Kleinhenz and am finally getting up the nerve to give them a try. They don't come with any bushings so I got my own made tonight using some brass stock that I turned to the correct diameter. Will try these out in the next couple of days. They are the Regency and Ambassador kits from Canada. The Regency is almost entirely wood so this should be interesting turning all the little parts also!!
20052218138_regency.jpg

200522181327_ambass.jpg

WISH ME LUCK!!!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rudy Vey

I have made a couple of Regency pens, see a picture of an Amboyna one in my photo section. The kits do not have bushings available, you must make your own or measure a lot with a caliper. I made my own from corian. Actually, you need three sets of bushings (two each per set) since you have not only to make pen body and cap but also the section, the part just above the nib where one would hold the pen for writing. Also, the finials have to be made from scratch. Believe me its a beautiful pen, but it takes some time to make one. Rich wrote up a nice instruction in Woodturning Design magazine some time ago and I am still thankful for this article.

2005221105313_IMG_0105%20resized.jpg
<br />

wee willie

i just talked to john at woodchuckers and the regency is still available. He has none in stock but is expecting some in this afternoon. Hope this helps. They are in the craft supplies uk catalogue.

Randy_

Chris:

Thanks for the info!!

There are many things I like about that kit; but didn't realize until I saw Rudy's icture that the striking thing about this kit is "NO" black plastic above the pen nib!!! Rudy made his with the same wood as the barrel; but I see a lot of room for variation by using different woods!!

Rudy: Nice work!!

I'm fix'in to bookmark that site right now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom