Anybody make the PSI one piece Celtic Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithbyrd

I made my first one tonight and was pleased until I out the pewter cap on top of the twist mechanism. It won't twist to extend or retract the refill?
I have checked the instructions carefully - just wondering if anybody else has trouble with it? I have another to make tomorrow night and will see if its a problem with this kit or me!
WIll also contact PSI tomorrow!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

.... this sounds like an echo of "HELP WITH FLAT TOP TWIST MECHANISM" !

April Fool ????????????????????????

robertkulp

Make sure the spring is stretched enough and isn't binding. Also, watch out for the transmission. The early units had problems, but PSI got them corrected. I like the kit, but the twist mechanism was a real weakness.

keithbyrd

.... this sounds like an echo of "HELP WITH FLAT TOP TWIST MECHANISM" !

April Fool ????????????????????????

No April fool! I went online to PSI and apparently there have been problems with the twist mech - will reach out to them today and see if I can get a replacement

keithbyrd

Well I made the second one I had tonight - same thing - cannot get the transmission to work. I take the top cap off with the transmission in and it turns freely by hand. But when I screw into the clip assembly it won't do a thing!
Placed a call to PSI!

Last edited:

SSGMEADER

I made my first one tonight and was pleased until I out the pewter cap on top of the twist mechanism. It won't twist to extend or retract the refill?
I have checked the instructions carefully - just wondering if anybody else has trouble with it? I have another to make tomorrow night and will see if its a problem with this kit or me!
WIll also contact PSI tomorrow!

I had the exact same problem a few weeks ago- and I've only made one. It broke the transmission. Does anyone know if Exotic Blanks is honoring what PSI is doing? That's where I purchased my kit through.

Last edited:
Top Bottom