Anybody ever turn a pen out of

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by arjudy
<br />a banskia pod? I have one but have not decided what to make out of it.

This was my try at using banksia pod. I powdered anthracite coal to fill the seed holes. It took quite a while, but I liked the result. I almost wish I hadn't sold it as I am not sure I want to make another one.

200511622324_Banksia%20Pod%20Cigar.jpg
<br />

wdcav1952

Yes Shane, my old boss bought it. I regret that we got transferred nearly the entire nation apart since he was my best customer. [:D] He left the Federal Bureau of Prisons to work for the Indian Health Service in South Dakota. I may buy him a large pen display rack for Christmas so he will have several empty spots in the rack. [}:)]

After digging up this photo, I may have to make another one to keep. Thanks for the kind words.

wdcav1952

Originally posted by Rail
<br />Can you make more than one pen per pod?

Quick answer, no. The reason is that you have to be careful to drill the pod right down the center to get the look shown above. If you have done a corn cob pen, it is the same principle.

chigdon

That is a seriously cool pen. At least you were smart enough to take a picture of it before selling it -- I have made that mistake too many times.

tinker

Powdered coal, that is interesting. I figure it is just a matter of time before someone makes a pen from the different colored dryer lints.[:eek:)]
BTW: that is a great looking pen. Good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom