Anybody ever have...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bgibb42

...this happen? Went over to my dad's house yesterday, and played around in his shop. He decided to turn a pearl white (Snow) blank into a cigar pen. When he started on this blank, it looked perfectly normal. When he turned it down close the proper size, this little brown spot peeked through. He finished turning it, but the spot did not turn away. Luckily, this was on the upper barrel, so we were able to cover it with the clip, sort of, you can still see it if you look under the clip. There was no way to know this was there when he bought the blank, or decided to turn it. We're not even real sure what, if anything, we could have done about it. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Spotted blank.jpg
    Spotted blank.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 301
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Its a piece of contamination that got in the mix when it was poured. I've seen it in several materials including some high $ ebonite. Not your fault. Only recourse is to ask supplier for a replacement.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
IF it CAME from exotics (and it looks like it might have), we will cheerfully replace it!!!

Please let me know and I will ask you to return it, because I want to send it to OUR supplier (I'll pay postage!!).

bgibb42

IF it CAME from exotics (and it looks like it might have), we will cheerfully replace it!!!

Please let me know and I will ask you to return it, because I want to send it to OUR supplier (I'll pay postage!!).

I gotta tell you, that's a wonderful gesture of great customer service, and he has several of your blanks, but this particular one came from somewhere else. Nope, no names, because we know this flaw is really nobody's fault.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Brian,

I'm relieved it is not ours. And I agree that as a consumer I would not take any action, either.

But, it IS someone's fault. The manufacturer should be made aware of it so they can find the cause. Otherwise, more blanks like it will be created and NO ONE benefits from that.

Just my FWIW.

Top Bottom