Any unusual or unique pen blank ideas?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Morning all,

I've quite a few blanks that I bought with my pen starter kit but I'd like to make pens out of unusual things.
I prefer to use wood and not acrylic. I have some piano keys that I'd like to turn and like to get my hands on something that has a meaning or story. Hope I'm making sense. Lol!

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BradG

Reclaimed timber may be a good way for you to go. I've seen many people make pens from the decking of decommissioned battle ships, old buildings, and whiskey barrels.

firewhatfire

Bog Oak should be easy for you to locate. I have wood off of the Sandringham House and HMS Victory that I have made pens from. I will be vacationing in London and Bath starting on the 18th of May and will be looking for some unique pieces of wood to make some out of.

Phil

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
I've made a few with woods that are mentioned in songs and included a copy of the lyrics with the pen. Coolibah as in Waltzing Matilda, Oak as in Tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree or the old oaken bucket. I'm sure there are many others.

WriteON

I have used a pool cue shaft (maple). If the pen has an upper/lower barrel I use cocobola or bocote with the maple.

Top Bottom