Any other kits that use the Schmidt Pencil Mech?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

redfishsc

I know the Perfect Fit and the El Grande Rollerball use the Schmidt pencil mechanism. Are there any other kits that you guys know of that either use it, or can be adapted to use it?

So far this is the ONLY .5/.7mm click mechanism that seems to be worth making (aside from Pentel conversions), and it seems to be a GREAT mechanism.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

redfishsc

redfishsc

Originally posted by mrcook4570

Cigar pencils are supplied with the schmidt mechanism.

I did NOT know that--- thanks. I made one cigar pencil a few years back and it worked fine until I broke it, but it was a .5mm and my heavy hand was WAY too much for a .5mm with a big fat pencil. The .7 is a lot better. I hope the cigar comes in a .7

Randy_

Many (maybe all) pens that take the Parker refill will take the Schmidt pencil cartridge. Some will be drop-in situations and some will require a little modification.

redfishsc

You know, now that you mention it, I remember noticing that the problematic pencils were the "click" pencils, but that the "twist" pencils were decidedly better. I suppose it's because they use the Schmidt.

Igran7, yes, the Jr Gent does use the .7 Schmidt, and I will be making a pen/pencil set soon with them. Thanks!

Randy_

The Schmidt pencil mechanism is basically a "Pentel" or push button type mechanism. It is not a "click" mechanism in the sense of a ball point mechanism where you "click" to extent the refill and then "click" a second time to retract the refill.

The same Schmidt pencil mechanism can be used in twist pens like the Sierra (twist) and the Cigar (twist) by making slight modifications to the cartridge and to the pen mechanism.

Top Bottom