Any more Divas out there?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GoodTurns

I saw one Diva posted in the SOYP. Has anyone else made any? Quality of kit? I would like to have a "bling-y" ladies pen, but don't want to buy a junky kit! If you have gotten any, please pass on your thoughts to the kit's quality.
Thanks
Jon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rick1708

Overall the quality seems pretty good. The mechanism is similar to what I've seen in Sierras. The only quality issue is the thin chain holding the big crystal. It came off when unpacking and I had to reattach with some pliers. IMHO, it would have been nicer to have the stones around the cap and forget the big one hanging off the end. The cap turns instead of the tip.

I will say I'm surprised how many positive comment's it's gotten. It is a very girly pen.

The real test is how it looks in 6 months with a 10 year old!

KnightFlag

I would agree. I could do without the charm on the end, which came off when I removed it from the package. So far I have only made one, though I have a few others waiting to be turned.

Attachments

• Clear Crystal Diva in Zebra.jpg
    Clear Crystal Diva in Zebra.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 241

gwm0722

diva pens

i purchased 10 of these from penn state for christmas gifts and turned using a complementary matching acrylic color blank - they came out extremely nice and were well received from the ladies i gave them to (yes, they are a girly pen) - excellent quality on the kits except for the crystal on top - several just fell off without any effort - be sure to crimp the clasp down before finishing - i sent a note to penn state on that glaring problem with no response as yet

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
I made five of these for Christmas gifts....the last one was in a pen box and hadn't been wrapped yet so we opened the box to show someone, and good thing because the little red jewel was _NOT_ on the end of the chain :(
Have no idea where it is nor how it came off, not sure what PennState will say about this...
and really really hope that when other people do open theirs that the little jewel is there..!

i purchased 10 of these from penn state for christmas gifts and turned using a complementary matching acrylic color blank - they came out extremely nice and were well received from the ladies i gave them to (yes, they are a girly pen) - excellent quality on the kits except for the crystal on top - several just fell off without any effort - be sure to crimp the clasp down before finishing - i sent a note to penn state on that glaring problem with no response as yet

I too put a split ring to hold the jewel. Lots of comments. I bought one of each. They all sold. I had three calls from that show wanting one. I ordered 2 more of each color stone. We shall see.

jttheclockman

I posted this question by itself and got no responses so I will tack it on here and hopefully someone can answer it.

I am looking to get a few of the Divas when they get back in stock and in the mean time I thoiught I would make up some blanks. I was wondering is the Diva tube the same as all the Sierra kits??? Thanks.

Spats139

I posted this question by itself and got no responses so I will tack it on here and hopefully someone can answer it.

I am looking to get a few of the Divas when they get back in stock and in the mean time I thoiught I would make up some blanks. I was wondering is the Diva tube the same as all the Sierra kits??? Thanks.

I haven't made any of these pens, but the PSI site shows that the kit uses a 3/8" drill size, while the Sierra takes a 27/64; looks like different tubes to me.

Top Bottom