Any make brass pen kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
When you say 'body' do you mean the blanks or the rest of the normally metal parts? I believe that the majority of metal parts are made from brass ( except the clips ) and are then plated to the various flavours.
I don't think anyone sells a brass 'body' / blank.

Aerotech

Thanks for the suggestion Bruce. I guess I never thought of trying to make my own pen parts. I've been doing this for years but only as a hobby. Would i use the same lathe tools? and do you have any suggestions where i could get brass blanks?

Autonoz

Here is one I made with brass rod. I drilled the rod to the size of the brass tubes ID and pressed the pen kit parts as if it were the brass tubes.

pen4.jpg

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
The easiest way would be to buy 360 brass rod stock and make them yourself. There are several metal sellers on line for small job lots or ebay. Pick up some pieces just over the finished diameters you need and go to it. You can always make them so they slip into the tubes if you use other materials for the blanks. and Epoxy them together.

Aerotech

So that settles it. I will get some brass stock and try to turn and design my own pen parts. Thanks to everyone for the inspiration and advice. Wish me luck.

Top Bottom