Any interest in Brass Rod

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jcollazo

I had a customer ask about purchasing some 5/8" 360 Brass Rod. After calculating my retail pricing on this I felt that at $14.50 per foot I was a bit high. But what's interesting is that when you add shipping from other online metal suppliers for the same item, their cost per foot is significantly higher. I can put a number of items in a flat rate envelope or box and the most it'll cost you for an entire order is $8.95.

Is there any interest in purchasing 5/8" 360 brass rod?

Moderator: Feel free to move this to the classifieds if necessary.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pipeyeti

I use brass rod in 1/2 for my pipe tamper parts. I get it at my local hardware store (yes its a well stocked store) in 3 foot lengths for 23.00 . just a few years ago I was paying $8. Brass has gone up.

Chuck Key

Originally posted by Rifleman1776

You might look around for brass tubing. It would be lighter and probably less expensive. I use a little brass now and then for non-pen avocations. I'll keep in mind. Usually, I use 3/8".

What is the source for tube in the grade he is talking about?

Chuckie

jcollazo

The reason I asked about the brass rod is that one of my customers wanted to purchase some. It's not an item I normally carry. I have no idea what he's going to use it for. So, I just through the question out there to see if anyone else wanted some.

I can also get tubing in the 360 grade. Any interest in that?

Top Bottom