Any help locating "Fiji" blanks?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eliasbboy

Hello everybody. I have a customer that loves him some Fiji blanks. I found them originally at Woodcraft, and then Craft Supplies.

Unfortunately, the exact one I want is no longer being made. Of course.

It WAS called Pacific Blue and this is a pen I made from it:

The Fiji blanks sold my Craft Supplies and Woodcaft now look like this:

Is there another place to buy these blanks? I believe I read that they pretty much STARTED here, and were just copied. Any help would be greatly appreciated. He rejected two pens I made from the new version, but I don't blame him at all.

Thanks for any tips!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

The Penguin

I'm not sure, but "ElMostro" may have been the one that created the "Fiji" blanks...or maybe the "Cancun" blanks.

either way, you might send him a PM with your needs.

WIDirt

I have a sterling Navigator RB coated in a blank almost identical to your "Fiji". The blank is called "Cancun" and is available from Bear Tooth Woods. The blank you see on their "Individually Photographed" pages is the blank you buy!

Mods, if I wasn't supposed to link here, please pull it.

CdirtO

Carl Fisher

Have you tried reverse painting the Fiji in white to lighten up the blue resin? Assuming that's the issue.

Last edited:

eliasbboy

I have a sterling Navigator RB coated in a blank almost identical to your "Fiji". The blank is called "Cancun" and is available from Bear Tooth Woods. The blank you see on their "Individually Photographed" pages is the blank you buy!

Mods, if I wasn't supposed to link here, please pull it.

CdirtO

Thanks! I have used the Cancun before myself and loved it. I'll ask him and see what he thinks.

Thank you very much.

Michael

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
And yes, the Worthless Wood blank (wood and resin) was indeed started right here on IAP (the original article is in the library) and has been copied many times by many people. Check out the classifieds or go to Muttblanks.com for El Mostro's version which is the Cancun and predates the Fiji blanks and is much better work, IMO.

dbarrash

This was a blank I had gotten from ED at Exotic Blanks
Don't remember what it was called, but AWESOME blank!
Looked better than this phone photo. Pen is now in another's hands.

Dave

Attachments

• Pen 1.JPG
    Pen 1.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 140

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thank you all for your kind words and for recommending us.

Michael's customer request was very specific, so Dawn provided the link to that EXACT blank, from WoodCraft. Which is here:Buy Fiji Pen Blank Pacific Blue at Woodcraft

We have many products and we LOVE selling them, but we also did shows for over a decade and there were customers who will only BUY what they WANT, not what I was able to GET!! So, we hope to help you find what your customer will buy!!!!

In this case, Michael can get it from WoodCraft Corporate.

NEXT time we hope he can get it from US!!!

Again, thanks to all our friends for directing him to us---we appreciate your business!!
Ed & Dawn

eliasbboy

Michael, your local Woodcraft may not carry that blank any longer, but it looks like it is still available from Woodcraft Corp.

Buy Fiji Pen Blank Pacific Blue at Woodcraft

Or from their Amazon outlet here -

Fiji Pen Blank Pacific Blue - Amazon.com

Hope that helps!:)

The funny thing is, I did that very thing the LAST time this customer ordered, and it was the EXACT same different blue version. It was not like the one pictured. Thanks for all the help tho, it's truly appreciated!

Second from the left is the last correct piece I received from Craft Supplies.

The three pens on the right were made with blanks ordered from those very links from Woodcraft.

icm_fullxfull28385197_rl3mcfpfp34408gcsw8o.jpg~original

eliasbboy

And yes, the Worthless Wood blank (wood and resin) was indeed started right here on IAP (the original article is in the library) and has been copied many times by many people. Check out the classifieds or go to Muttblanks.com for El Mostro's version which is the Cancun and predates the Fiji blanks and is much better work, IMO.

Thanks! I'm checking on those momentarily!

eliasbboy

****UPDATE****

Craft Supplies has been very helpful, and explained the exact blank I needed was no longer in production, and is no longer in stock. It has been removed from the site and replaced with the darker blue and white swirl version.

I can only guess Woodcraft uses the same source as I've received the exact same WRONG blank from both.

Oh well. The links that are provided in this thread are FAR superior in my eyes (no offense to Craft Supplies, as they have been great, even offering accept the return of the blanks I ordered).

As always, I am thrilled with the helpful responses from this great website and it's members.

Michael

eliasbboy

Thank you all for your kind words and for recommending us.

Michael's customer request was very specific, so Dawn provided the link to that EXACT blank, from WoodCraft. Which is here:Buy Fiji Pen Blank Pacific Blue at Woodcraft

We have many products and we LOVE selling them, but we also did shows for over a decade and there were customers who will only BUY what they WANT, not what I was able to GET!! So, we hope to help you find what your customer will buy!!!!

In this case, Michael can get it from WoodCraft Corporate.

NEXT time we hope he can get it from US!!!

Again, thanks to all our friends for directing him to us---we appreciate your business!!
Ed & Dawn

It might still be this time! I'm going back and forth with him on different options, so you may be getting an order for this one yet!

If not, your site is always bookmarked and one of the places I "graze" for inspiration and shopping needs. Thanks!

flyitfast

+1 on what Mesquiteman said. His "worthless wood", now Texas Hybrid blanks were the first I'd seen and ElMostro also makes a beautiful example of what you are looking for. I've dealt with both of them and they are great to work with. IAP vendors too.:good:
Gordon

Top Bottom