Any equivalent to Robusto?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bobalu

Is there an equivalent pen to the Robusto that Woodcraft sold? It's been discontinued, but I need a couple of kits. I know that it is common for suppliers to sell the same design under different names (Sierra is a Sienna is a Gatsby is a Diplomat, etc.) . I just don't know what I'm looking for in this case. Would another pen be compatible in weight and size without going to the very top end?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mick

If it's the pen I'm thinking of AS has the same pen called an El Presidente and a smaller or Jr size called an El Toro

mrcook4570

It is the same as the Havana that CSU discontinued a while back. The El Presidente and El Toro look very similar, but the bushings and tubes are ever so slightly different and the El models have single start threads instead of quad lead threads.

Bobalu

It is the same as the Havana that CSU discontinued a while back. The El Presidente and El Toro look very similar, but the bushings and tubes are ever so slightly different and the El models have single start threads instead of quad lead threads.

Good information to have. If I go with the El Presidente, I'll order a new set of bushings. Obviously the quad versus the single start threads would be an advantage, but I'll just have to live with the singles. Thanks.

Bobalu

Aaron Lau at Lau Lau Woodworks carries the Little Havana, the only difference is he added a crystal on the clip. Here is a link to his site.
https://www.laulauwood.net/node/69

I forgot to mention that I was looking for a roller ball. It appears Aaron only lists a fountain pen in the Havana. But thank you for the link. I wasn't familiar with his site. Now that I am, I have bookmarked it for future reference. Really nice stuff there.

Top Bottom