Any Difference between these two kits?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Don't hold me to it, but I think they are the same kit.. I've made a few similar that I got from CSUSA... I've only recently began buying from AZ and rarely ever from Woodcraft.. even though I have one in Knoxville.

Tn-Steve

I believe that it's been posted (hows that for some weasel words) that WoodCraft is selling the Berea kits, but using different names for some of them (Wall Street vs Sierra for example). AS sells the Berea kits, I've gotten both Berea and WoodCraft kits for euros, looks like the same kit, only woodcraft repacks them with their labels.

If I'm wrong, PLEASE correct me

Steve

Last edited:

jimbob91577

I'm using a 3/8" bit on the Classic American Pen Kits from Woodcrack, but both the Berea and Arizona Silhouette kits look like they use a "V" drill bit.

Is there a difference there?

Also the bushings shown on Berea's site are different than the bushings I got with the Woodcrack kits...

kirkfranks

jimbob91577

Okay, so the hole is 2 Thousandths of an inch bigger, are the tubes that much bigger, will the bushings fit correctly?

Does anyone know if there is a difference between these two kits (aside from price):

Series 2000 Screw Cap Flat Top American Chrome Fountain Pen from Arizona Silhouette
http://www.arizonasilhouetteinc.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=1262

Classic American Screw Top Fountain Pen from Woodcraft
http://www.woodcraft.com/product.aspx?ProductID=126670&FamilyID=1574

These are the same pen and appear to be made by Berea. However, all of Woodcraft's kits seem to have bushings for the A size mandrel, unlike Berea's mix of A and B mandrel size bushings. Woodcraft has re-written all of Berea's directions (often for the worse) and sometimes recommend slightly different drill bit sizes. They do offer different platings for some kits - one recent example is the Woodcraft Retro in chrome. Berea offers this as the Retro (was also known as the Provincial/Executive) only in 24K gold. I kind of like this kit, does have retro/funky look to it.

jimbob91577

So the Berea kit is the same kit as the Woodcraft kit - what about the kit from Arizona Silhouette - it looks the same, takes the "V" size drill bit - Is it safe to assume that it is the same kit?

I'd like to purchase from Az Silhouette as they have some other items that I can bundle into the same order - but I don't want to forced to buy new bushings and drill bits.

Thanks for the help!

Top Bottom