Any CAD software for pen dsigning?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
This is a query to find out if there are CAD softwares available for designing pens and pen parts. Informed members would kindly advise.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I dont know of a specific cad program just for pens. I do know several cad programs can be used for designing pens but several drawing programs can also be used. I use Rhino 5 for 3d drawing but I used to use Corel Draw for 2d drawings. Any software that allows you to draw with presicion should work. Serif makes a drawing program thats fairly cheap. Im sure there are free programs as well

LouF

I think mostly any CAD software like Solidworks,CamBam there are 100's of others most any cad software you can use to develop just about anything do you have a CNC and Cam software? there is a few free different softwares you can use Draftsight it is from Solidworks. I use Vectric Software they have free downloads. Try Vectric go with Aspire. Do you have a 4 or 5 axis CNC? Do your homework and take advantage of there free downloads and see what you prefer hope this helps.

Rink

Microsoft Visio is pretty good, if you can still get it. I don't think MS is still publishing it, but you may be able to find a version from a reseller like I did. I drew blueprints for two houses and a workshop using Visio. I've also used it to make scale drawings of various projects, including a custom closet I just did for my wife. I recently downloaded Sketchup. Originally a Google product, now owned by a company called Trimble, I think. Anyway, free download and it's a 3D program. Seems very intuitive and easy to use. I'm still learning, but I think it's going to be my CAD program of choice going forward. Good luck.

siric

Microsoft Visio is pretty good, if you can still get it. I don't think MS is still publishing it, but you may be able to find a version from a reseller like I did. I drew blueprints for two houses and a workshop using Visio. I've also used it to make scale drawings of various projects, including a custom closet I just did for my wife. I recently downloaded Sketchup. Originally a Google product, now owned by a company called Trimble, I think. Anyway, free download and it's a 3D program. Seems very intuitive and easy to use. I'm still learning, but I think it's going to be my CAD program of choice going forward. Good luck.

++ on Sketchup

Donovan

Art cam works well

Attachments

• lepard2DONTEST1.jpg
    lepard2DONTEST1.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 132
Top Bottom