Any body we know?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

burr

I'd love to have it, I got out bid, such is life, I've only been turning for about 6 months, good way to pick up extras.

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
I bought a pen from Jim in January. It was a platinum Statesman with 22kt gold. I paid 19.95 for the pen which is about half the cost of the kit alone. He may have decided that there was no profit on Ebay for pens. I don't believe he is a member here at IAP. I checked when I bought the pen.

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
I emailed Jim and asked him about his selling out. He told me that he has just gone through a divorce and was also downsized out of his job after ten years. It's a money thing for him right now. Might say a prayer for him if you are inclined.

BrentK

I also saw some very nice turning tools on ebay if anyone is in need of. Its a ten piece Robert Sorby going for right at a hundred dollars as of now. I dont know but I would say it is worth at least that.

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Jim got $1375.25 for his Ebay auction. That's a pretty good price for that large of a lot. I'm happy for him. He can use some good news in his life. He told me also that he is considering selling his lathe and tools. Don't know anything about what kind he has but you might keep your eye open for his auctions if that would interest you.

Edit: Jim has a Delta Midi lathe and is trying to decide on if he wants to auction it. His concern is the weight. If anybody is interested, if you will pm me I will contact Jim and give him your contact info.

MikeInMo

Good for him. I thought he would get a little more though. When that many people start bidding that early on an ebay item, it usually gets unreasonably high. I wouldn't have ruled out a bid greater than the retail value of everything.

Top Bottom