Antler questions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

cd18524

What is the option for glueing the tubes into antler? I was thinking I would use gorilla glue, but I don't want to mess it up since it will be an emperor.
Second question, am I better off if I can use a piece with no marrow in it? Will the finished product be that different?

Chris

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

reed43

I use CA for all my tubes. It is a really up to you as either will work. As for the antler I perfer no morrow if I have a choice. Antler I think looks very nice on an emperor.

alamocdc

I use epoxy for all of my tube gluing. Some marrow usually looks okay, but I've had some that was VERY porous and you could actually see the tube through it so I turned it off and used a different piece.

reed43

Some antlers are hard all the way. If it has a lot of morrow you can tell by slicing a small piece off the end of the antler. If it has a lot of morrow you san see the dillerence.Some antler has enough of the hard outside you need not worry about the morrow. If you have a chance to get axis deer antler it is most often solid antler no morrow. Hope this helps. Reed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom