Antler Gloat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithlong

First of all i want to give an update on my knee injury. It is a little better, still have not been in the shop yet. The weather here is cold and it is snowing at the moment, have a couple of inches on the ground already. The doc says stay off of it for a few more weeks. I had made several rifle casing pens before my knee injury. Two of them were for a friend, so I decided to run him down yesterday and give them to him. He was at a friends house, so i went over and presented him with his pens and his friend asked me what i charge to make em, when i told him the price, he daid do you have any extras with you and i did and he bought 2 of them.

Then this guy calls me and ask me if I still have any left and I said yeap, then he asked me if i needed any antlers and I told him I can always use more antlers, then he asked me if I would trade a pen for them, I said sure, not knowing how many he had, well i went to his house and he brought out this box full of them. I told him i would trade with him, then he put em in my truck and i gave him the pen. It was a nice transaction, both of us well pleased. Then when I asked my wife to unload them for me, she had to get my daughter to help her. I asked her how heavy was the box, she brought out the scales and they put it on them, then she said it weighs 30 pounds. I called the man back and asked him if he wanted another pen and he said no, he is happy with the trade. Then he told me that he would have a bunch more later on this year, he said that i can have all of them i want. Made my day. Now if the weather will get better, i will have to get me a stool and sit and tunr some of them. :):):)

jbostian

I hope your knee is good enough to get in the shop once the weather gets a little warmer. Sounds like you good a great deal on the antler. So are you sellig any?:biggrin:

Jamie

Top Bottom