Antique Long Leaf Pine

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

knottyharry

Here is one I finished just the other day. I thought it came out pretty good, so thought I would share it with you.
It's on a slimline frame...with my own twist added.
Harry

20054115426_long-leaf-pine-001.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Thumbs

That is really great! Though I think a darker background would have shown that mellow yellow tone even better! Love your twist on that little twister! Let's see more!

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Nice Harry... I had one blank of that wood and did an Elegent American in chrome... was pleasantly surprised with it... it makes a nice looking pen... In fact it is already spoken for.. Local Contractor's wife is getting it for him for Father's Day.. I just need to send it out for laser engraving..

wayneis

Beautiful job Harry, that long leaf pine is very unusual and not at all like any other pine that I have come across. Did you wet sand or just use a lot of sand paper? On the one's that I have done so far I used BLO to wet sand and it came out really nice. Good job.

Wayne

knottyharry

Hi all,
To answer some of your questions. I sanded it through 400 grit then used Micro Mesh on it. It also has some CA on it for the finish and polished it out.
The rings I cut with a parting tool. Kind of an after thought.
Thanks for your nice comments.
Harry

coach

A fellow coach's family owns an old lumberyard. He brought me a long piece of this stuff that is already 3/4 in. square. I have not turned it yet, but plan to soon. I can get alot of it I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom