Another storage solution

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Herb G

I was poking around Lowes the other day, and I saw These .

They look to be just what I'm looking for. The other storage thing I posted awhile back didn't turn out to fit my needs.
Some of the bushings are too big to fit in them.

So, I bought 2 of these for my pen turning supplies.
One added bonus is that they can be mounted to the wall.

Maybe this will help someone out there.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skie_M

085529400463.jpg

Hope Lowe's doesn't mind me just reposting the image here for everybody ... it's free advertising for them anyways, right?

17 bucks for a wall-mounting storage bin .... complete with clear view drawers? And blue??? Yeah ... I'm tempted, very sorely tempted .... I could use an upgrade from these candy coating dispensers. (Barrel shaped, 6 segments each ... 2 of them and I'm already out of room, lol!)

vwa3guy

When I pick up a hobby such as pen turning, I tend to go a little overboard. I start out small..... a handful of kits, and in the first year I must have had 150+ kits sitting all around the garage. I tried all these and came up with a solution that best fits me.

for my bushings, I have 6 of these that interlock so it's one unit until I'm ready to turn. I bought a cheap labeler at staples and every bin is marked on top with the name of the bushing.

HDX 15-Compartment Interlocking Small Parts Organizer Black (2-Pack)-320034 - The Home Depot

for my pen kits, I have 3 of these guys I got at costco a while ago for the pen kits, I can't find them on their site

https://www.amazon.com/Akro-Mils-10144-20-Inch-16-Inch-Hardware/dp/B003P2UOCO

and I keep all the pen turning supplies in a lockable cabinet so the wife doesn't have to see it.

Seville Classics UltraHD Tall Storage Cabinet - Sam's Club

bpgoldo

Herb...and the rest of the boys, geeze I am sooo glad that I am not the only one who is an organization "advocate". Getting stuff organized and in a place where I can find it is almost as rewarding a hobby for me as building and turning pens.
And by the way Herb, regarding the Icon you chose to represent yourself, I was invited last week to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. They have that "symbol" all over the facility, including as an icon on small gifts and things. It was very amusing to find that most of the "younger" folks...hundreds of em, had NO IDEA what that was. They thought it meant something profound. I told them it represented the number 45. Lots of confused faces. LOTS.

Herb G

I get questions about it all the time. I have a few around here somewhere still.

Walmart still sells them online.

Last edited:

Quality Pen

Harbor freight makes something like this and it's great for my bushings right next to the lathe. It's "cheap" plastic but sure is handy!

One thing about pen making is it will test your organization skills or help gray your hair.

Top Bottom