Another refill question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russknan

Inspired by Wood Butcher's question here, I didn't want to hijack his thread. So I started this one. I've just ordered some rollerball refills. Only needed one, but I didn't like the pair that I got from Office Depot. Got a good deal on a dozen on Amazon. (Yeah, I know. My wife doesn't allow me to be unsupervised in Costco, either!) But it will be awhile before I can use them all up. I've been wondering whether it might help to put the extras in a FoodSaver bag and vacuum out the air. Or might that just accelerate the decline? Any opinions? Russ

Texatdurango

I don't know that I would worry about it. I order my rollerball refills by the dozens and my last order was mid last year so they are all all at least a year old from the time I purchased them and I still have quite a few from previous orders several years ago.

Just yesterday I was going through all my pens making sure the ones that had refills in them still wrote nice and checking the new refills that were never put in pens yet. In 60+ pens and refills checked, only one was bad and based on when I made that pen, I suspect it has been in the pen for four or five years.

Last edited:

Russknan

Thanks, guys! I'm coming away with the conclusion that there are better things to worry about. Like, will my wife find out what I've paid for blanks, kits and tools since I started this hobby in March! Since I haven't tried yet to sell any pens, and since - for the most part - the refills that have come with the RB kits I've bought to date seem OK, I expect I'll warehouse them. panamag8or, I like your suggestion. I was afraid it would be something like, "Write more outpatient treatment reports for your patients, so you'll use up more ink." [Visible shudders!] Russ

Top Bottom