Another question???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Just sitting here and was really gun-ho on making some bullet pens with bullets for nibs. Powder coating and the whole works. My question is a legality question. Is it OK to make these and store empty casing and bullets in the house. Is it legal to sell these??? Does each state have different rules???? I happen to live in NJ. I almost ordered the parts and thought I would run it by you all that have done these and see if you ever ran into any flack. Thanks for replying. By the way I am no hunter and do not have a hunting liscense and do not plan on getting one.

dennisg

You don't need a Federal Firearms License to purchase ammo or componets. You can mail order the cases and bullets from many sources. Do a Google. Our local Wal Mart, if they don't carry what you are looking for, will order it. You should be able to find a hunter in your area and ask him where he gets his supplies. This is still America and we still have the 2nd ammendment.
dennis in Jacksonville

jttheclockman

Dennis

Thank you. That is what I want to hear. Unfortunately Kmart has stopped selling arms many years ago here in NJ. I will try on line again.

leehljp

Member Liaison
One recommendation: Advise all purchasers or owners of these pens to not take them through airport security checks, or other security place checks, for that matter. Not in pockets, not in purses, and not in carry-on bags for planes.

Checked bags - OK for some places, but don't - if going through overseas security scans.

Security check points are for the point of "Security". "It's a pen" doesn't work. Some of security's purpose is to be paranoid and watch out for those who would "test" a system. So, a pen made from bullets and cartridges could be considered a "test" on the system, no matter what your explanation might be.

Top Bottom