Another Parker gel question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Are parker gel refills always interchangeable with parker ballpoint refills? I've used both but never really tryed to swap them.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Parker ballpoint refills have the distinctive "sawtooth" top--any refill you want to use should have the same "sawtooth".

Sylvanite

I've found some of the gel refills are slightly larger in diameter at the tip than the ballpoint refills. That leads to an occasional tip that doesn't quite fit through the nib. In such cases, I ream out the nib with a #38 drill bit and then everything is fine.

Regards,
Eric

its_virgil

But I think the "sawtooth" is only important if the pen is a click pen. The sawtooth is not necessary for the twist ballpoints. I have made one or two :biggrin: twist ballpoints where one of the barrels (or both:biggrin::biggrin:) were too short and the ink fill propelled too far out of the pen's end. Not wanting to disassemble and redo the pen, I just removed part of the plastic sawtooth plug and the pen worked fine....as one of my pens to use, not to sell.

I have used about every Parker style refill and they have all worked fine. Eric's post about some having a larger diameter tip has happened to me and his solution was the same that I used.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Parker ballpoint refills have the distinctive "sawtooth" top--any refill you want to use should have the same "sawtooth".

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I agree, Don, that the Sawtooth serves no purpose in our pens, but it does identify refills "made to be used in Parker pens"

Top Bottom