Another one of those Forums - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Penturning
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Penturning General penturning discussions not specifically addressed in one of the specialty forums.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2019, 11:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 104

Default Another one of those Forums

The Segmenting forum was formed back in 2012 and for me I was so happy for this to come about and yes I did have a push in it but it was Jeff who realized this had merit and as you look through this forum you see it sure does.

WELCOME TO THE SEGMENTING FORUM

But my main point of bringing this up is to let our new members and even some of the veteran ones here, know that there is another place where pens that are strictly segmented are saved and archived. For those that are just starting segmenting this is a great forum where a ton of info has been accumulated and talked about over those years. But within this great forum is a thread started by Mike AKA (mikespenturningz) Back then he and I talked about again a place to just show pens of this type nature and not be mixed in with all others because we felt strongly about this being a huge part in what we do here when it come to customizing pens.

It can get lost within that forum and it is always great when someone adds a pen to the thread because it brings that thread back to the top again and maybe others will scan through them. It is a worthwhile look-see. Many great pens have decorated that thread that are strickly of the segmentation nature. It is an artform within an artform. Hope you all check them out at times in case you are looking for inspiration for doing some segmenting work.

I do wish it was actually a sub forum of a sub forum if that were possible but we take what we can. It has become very popular since its introduction back then. Again The big thanks goes out to Jeff for always making this the best place to come to for all your pen making needs.

Take a look.

No Comments Just post new segmented pens and Likes

My Photo Album
jttheclockman is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-27-2019, 06:19 AM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 3

I visit that thread quite often. Maybe it could be made a Sticky and pinned at the top of its forum?

https://www.facebook.com/thestatepen/
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-28-2019, 06:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Photos: 37

I just bought a house and will be assembling a full woodshop. Among the things I look forward to are segmented pens and wastewood pens. There is also the cigar cigar, I want to make (a stabilized cigar blank for a cigar pen).
brailsmt is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads