Another Ligero

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary

Here's tonight's production. I think I'm starting to like this kit more and more. It just seems to add something to some pens...I'm not sure what it is. But anyway, this one is in Tulipwood. Thanks for looking.

200512731322_Tulipwood2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KKingery

Gary, I think I agree.....the more of those I see, the more I like them. I have'nt gotten any of them yet, but I think they will definately be in my next order. With the Tulipwood, yours has a classy look to it - very nice.

Gary

Thanks Jim, I respect your opinion. I'm reading, studying and trying at the photography, but I'm finding it is far harder than turning pens. But I will get there.

woodpens

Originally posted by Gary
<br />Thanks Jim, I respect your opinion. I'm reading, studying and trying at the photography, but I'm finding it is far harder than turning pens. But I will get there.
I just bought that Digital Desktop Study Photography course on CD that was recently mentioned. Now, if I ever find time to read, maybe I will learn something. [;)] I do have a tabletop studio and just bought a tent, so I think I have what I need other than free time...

woodscavenger

Great pen. Great photo. I have spent a lot of time looking at digital cameras and one of the sites I really enjoy is www.dpreview.com It has a good message board with great responses for peope having problems with hardware, software, or technique.

Gary

Originally posted by woodscavenger
<br />Great pen. Great photo. I have spent a lot of time looking at digital cameras and one of the sites I really enjoy is www.dpreview.com It has a good message board with great responses for peope having problems with hardware, software, or technique.

Thanks Shane! I'm aware of that site. They have a good reputation. A professional photographer recommended it to me.

PenWorks

Another good one Gary, I know, this kit is growning on me as well, just glued up 5 more blanks tonight for them. Even did one on Honduran Rosewood. It is a large pen with good balance and good lines to it.

the photo is real good as well. The only thing I notice in your pics, you must alter them some in a photo program. Because the trim bands look a little distorted. But hten again, it could be me.

I am allways coming up from the shop at night, and plunk down at my lap top, to check my mail and what's going on, so my eyes still have saw dust in them and the screen on my laptop is not the best.

Gary

Anthony, it isn't progam manipulation...I've been experimenting with the camera settings. I've been so unhappy with it that I signed up for a photo workshop...first class was tonight. They gave me some tips that I think will solve the problem. I can't wait till this weekend. I'm going to re-shoot this pen and post it if it's better. Hopefully it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom