Another large pen question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck B

A friend of mine his wife is in her late 40's & she has Arthritis pretty bad. I would like to make a pen for her that would be easy for her to use. It must have a good size diameter & not be heavy. The Atlas is much to heavy for her any suggestions

Thanks

Chuck

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Marc Phillips

"It must have a good size diameter & not be heavy"

In my very limited experience, the only pen I have made that meets both those requirements is the Walmart pen... very lightweight...

mrcook4570

Full sized gent. I have sold several to women with arthritis or carpal tunnel. If it is too heavy, turn it closed end and it will be much lighter. The El Grande and Ligero also fit your description and are very light even with all the hardware.

If you are looking for a ballpoint, turn a slimline with a comfort bump (large bead near the nib).

Chuck B

Thanks Mrcook,
Shoud I go with the stated drill sizes?. I read that some people had trouble with using the satated drill bits that the mfg says to use?

Chuck

mrcook4570

Never had a problem with stated drill sizes for gent (15/32 & 37/64). If you are talking about the El Grande, I have had trouble with the 33/64 bit (for the cap). I have since acquired a 13.3 mm bit and it works fine. Both BB (Arizona Silhouette) and Ernie (Beartooth Woods) sell El Grandes and the 13.3 mm bit. The 31/64 bit works fine for the lower barrel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom