Another Jr. Statesman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary

I spent most of the weekend cleaning up my shop and putting things away. I did get one pen finished though...Green & Gold Box Elder Burl. It's hard to see it in the photo but there are a lot of distict "eyes" on the upper barrel. At times the BEB can be really nice.:)

200511722136_BEB-GreenJr%20Statesman1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

C_Ludwigsen

Saweeeeet!!! Very nice work.

Since these statesmen kits are the same bore as the gentlemens, what size blanks do you recommend? I just got a few of the gentlemens in for a special birthday present (50th) for my oldest brother. I'm hoping I can do these with 3/4" or 7/8" as that is what I have coming from Lee Tree woods.

Chuck

PenWorks

Fine looking piece of wood Gary and a finer looking PEN. I cleaned my shop today too, but didn't get any work done. I guess I had a bigger mess than you. If they trimmed the end on this like the Statesman and incoporated some thread in the design. I think that it would be the best kit out there by far.

Anthony

Gary

Originally posted by C_Ludwigsen
<br />Saweeeeet!!! Very nice work.

Since these statesmen kits are the same bore as the gentlemens, what size blanks do you recommend? I just got a few of the gentlemens in for a special birthday present (50th) for my oldest brother. I'm hoping I can do these with 3/4" or 7/8" as that is what I have coming from Lee Tree woods.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck...this is a Jr. Statesman; the 3/4" blanks work just fine.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
As long as your drilling jig is tight, the 3/4" will work. Ever since I got my Sidevise from Paul in OKC I've been able to use smaller blanks for the larger pens!

Gary

Originally posted by penworks
<br />Fine looking piece of wood Gary and a finer looking PEN. I cleaned my shop today too, but didn't get any work done. I guess I had a bigger mess than you. If they trimmed the end on this like the Statesman and incoporated some thread in the design. I think that it would be the best kit out there by far.

Anthony

I agree Anthony, I wish they would make that an alternate kit. Why don't you call CSUSA and see if you can influence a design addition.

timdaleiden

Nice looking pen Gary. I am curious though, you turn a nice pen, you take a decent photo...but you have no photo album. Is there a reason for that? Just wondering.

woodpens

Nice job, Gary. That is one sweet pen! Are you going to keep it? You'd better make up your mind soon, because it will sell fast! [:)]

Gary

Originally posted by timdaleiden
<br />Nice looking pen Gary. I am curious though, you turn a nice pen, you take a decent photo...but you have no photo album. Is there a reason for that? Just wondering.

Tim, it's called procrastination. I'm a fairly new IAP member, and I was thinking about that the other day. I do need to get some photos uploaded to an album. I'll make a point to do that in the next few days. Thanks for reminding me.

PenWorks

Gary, they don't want to hear from a quack like me [:D] But if I owned one of the supply companies, I would have my R&D or at the very least, some staff person reading these posts to see what we really want and what we would buy. [:p]

Daniel

Gary,
You better get cracking on that photo album. with pens like that photos are soon going to be all you have to remember them by :)
very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom