Another ?- on BOW

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

angboy

I just finished a pen made of BOW- it came with the little sticker of authenticity. Where do people put that sticker? This pen will go in a wooden box of some kind, so I'm thinking maybe somewhere in or on the box? Anybody have any great ideas for where to put it?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrcook4570

Originally posted by angboy
<br />Where do people put that sticker?
Mine go in the trash. The sticker just seems a little tacky for something that is handmade. I do give the card certificate with each BOW pen, although I wish it were revised a little - consistent font and a few grammar errors.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I usually put the sticker on the box. The supplier I get mine from also gives a small card about the size of a business card that gives info on the BOW. I usually give that to the buyer along with my business card and a card on the care and feeding of the pen.

angboy

Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />I chase my shop dog around with it. The darn thing is almost yellow now![;)]

Well that sounds like a fun use for it! [:D][:D] I don't think I could manage to catch my cats to do that to them...

So I guess the bottom line is that many people don't think too much of those little stickers. I did go ahead and put it in the box I was using with it, but put it right under where the pen will lay, so it's not really obvious. I don't have anything written to tell about it, so I guess I'll look for something like that to put with it.

Ron Mc

You didn't get a business card size certificate of authenticity with the blank as well?

TexasJohn

Ron - I don't have to chase my shop dog around to get the cards - she just eats them. The other day I plugged in my shop vac and turned it on - only it didn't. Come to find out, my Doberman (Dee) had chewed through the cord. Now, everything gets unpluged unless I am using it at the moment - except the dog - she stays plugged in. Texas John

Randy_

Originally posted by angboy
<br />.....it came with the little sticker.....This pen will go in a wooden box.....I'm thinking maybe somewhere in or on the box.....

For someone who was not fully informed, they might think the "BOX" was made out of BOW. I would ditch the sticker and try to get some of the little cards from the person from whom you purchased the wood. I have purchased BOW from several different sellers and all of them have sent me a little card with a Cert. of Authenticity.

Buzz

Why not print up your cards? There are standard sheets of perforated business cards which can be printed up on both sides and then even folded to make an attractive addition to the pen. Apart from identifying, and authenticating, the timber, it also gives you the chance to identify and promote yourself by including your contact details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom